Wed, 03 May|
Emotional Fitness Training - Mental Health First Aider
Two day training workshop for those who would like to become a Mental Health First Aider.
Time & Location
03 May, 09:30 – 12:30
About the Event
Calling all Mental Health First Aiders or those wishing to become a Mental Health First Aider, do you need a deeper understanding of mental health, practical skills to spot the triggers and the confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress then this is the course for you.
This two morning virtual session will give you all the tools you need to be a successful Mental Health First Aider within your company.
Mental Health First Aid
Do you have a First Aider on site? What about a Mental Health First Aider? Your staff are more likely to encounter or experience mental health issues such as stress, anxiety or depression and need the tools and confidence to deal with these situations. Having a Mental Health First Aider in your organisation will help you to spot the early signs of a mental health problem and encourage people to speak to the ‘Mental Health First Aider’ and seek help. This will help reduce the effects on the individual, the people around them and encourage a faster recovery in a supportive environment.
Who is this course for
Multi-sector managers and practitioners including health, housing, social care, education, criminal justice, call centre operators, private, voluntary and public sector workers and community groups or members.
All delegates will be issued with an Adult Mental Health First Aid certificate awarded by Mental Health First Aid Wales.
Two x half day virtual sessions and 5 hours guided online learning
A practical skills and awareness course designed to give you:
- A deeper understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect people’s wellbeing, including your own
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of mental health issues
- Confidence to step in, reassure and support a person in distress
- Enhanced interpersonal skills such as non-judgemental listening
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to appropriate support
- 5 – 10 interactive exercises (video clips, group discussions and quizzes)
- 2 – 4 group activities (spotting signs and symptoms and case study work)
Research and evaluation shows that taking part in an MHFA course:
- Raises awareness and mental health literacy
- Reduces stigma around mental ill health
- Boosts knowledge and confidence in dealing with mental health issues
- Promotes early intervention which enables recovery
Meet The Trainer
We are delighted to bring you a Mental Health First Aider certified virtual training course with Layla Fear of Emotional Fitness training. Layla is a Mental Health First Aid Instructor and an experienced Emotional Resilience Business Partner. She has over 18 years of experience, is also a Qualified Public Speaker (Toastmasters Inc. – CC) and holds and Ofqual Regulated Diploma in Mental Health Awareness, Nutrition for Mental Health, Understanding Behaviour that Challenges and Autism. She is a Chartered Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Securities and Investment.
Dates: 3rd and 10th May 2023
Time: 9.30am – 12.30pm
Cost: Members £189+VAT per person for both sessions. Non Members: £227+VAT per person for both sessions.
Book a place via firstname.lastname@example.org